Hospitality and Tourism Management
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Hospitality and Tourism Management Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Valencia College is a two-year program that prepares you to go directly into a specialized career within the hospitality industry.
Not only is our program located in Orlando, one of the most popular tourist areas in the country, it also boasts a state-of-the-art facility—the Walt Disney World Center for Hospitality and Culinary Arts, complete with a sophisticated computer lab equipped with a dynamic point-of-sale system and a hotel front desk simulation area. Valencia’s program combines classroom instruction with on-the-job training to help you move into supervisory and mid-management positions in lodging, food service, tourism and hospitality. One of the most valuable aspects of the program is the 240-hour internship, which enables you to develop skills and expertise in guest services and management, as well as technical areas.
Have questions?Read our FAQs
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Valencia’s certificate programs can put you on the fast-track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Career Pathways – Receive college credit for Career Pathways credits earned in high school.
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certifications.
- Technical College Programs – Receive college credit toward this program for completing an approved Orange Technical College or Osceola Technical College program.
Full-time – 2 to 3 years
Part-time – 3 to 4 years
You want to step up. We have a path to a bachelor's.
Prepare for a supervisory or management role in your field with a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Business and Organizational Leadership. After completing your A.S. degree, build on your skills and expand your career opportunities by continuing your education at Valencia College and earning a bachelor’s degree. We encourage you to meet with a career program advisor to create your personalized education plan.
Learn How To
- Analyze and control food and labor costs, monitor sales, evaluate competition and develop a marketing plan
- Hire and train personnel and determine schedules
- Plan and execute banquets, conventions and other major events
- Plan, organize and manage the operation of restaurants, hotels, motels and other eating and lodging facilities
One out of every five jobs in Central Florida is in the hospitality industry. With Orlando as the hospitality capital of the world, career opportunities are abundant. From cruise ships to convention centers, four-star restaurants to five-diamond resorts, theme parks and travel operations, exciting career opportunities are waiting to be filled.
- Food Service or Lodging Manager
- Front Office Supervisor
- Reservations Supervisor
- Catering/Banquet Sales and Service
- Event Planning Specialist
- Food and Beverage Specialist
- Guest Services Specialist
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$28,000 – $33,000
The average placement rate for Valencia College A.S. degree and certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95% according to the latest FETPIP data.
Visit Career Coach to explore careers, salaries, job demand and related degrees.