Landscape and Horticulture Technology
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Landscape and Horticulture Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Valencia College is a two-year program that offers specializations in both landscape and horticulture. It takes many specialized skills and technicians to grow plants and incorporate them into attractive landscape designs. Our program provides a well-rounded approach, with an on-campus horticulture lab and greenhouse. Not to mention, Valencia College graduates have a 100 percent placement rate.
LEARN HOW TO
- Design, construct and maintain landscapes
- Oversee landscape operations in parks and other recreational areas
- Inspect and diagnose plants for disease and overall health
- Operate or manage a greenhouse or nursery
- Propagate, grow, maintain and market plants
Central Florida is one of the major and most diversified horticulture centers in the world, offering a variety of career choices at hotels and resorts, theme parks and attractions, parks and recreational areas, golf courses, and numerous residential communities.
- Nursery Supervisor/Manager
- Landscape or Groundskeeping Manager
- Landscape Gardener/Designer/Contractor
- Supervisor/Manager of Landscaping and Horticulture Services
- Parks Supervisor