The health care industry is expected to add an estimated 2.3 million jobs through 2026—faster than any other occupational group. With an aging population across the Central Florida region, the need for future skilled health care workers is also on the rise.
Gain knowledge and experience in patient intake, medical procedures and charting, checking vitals, administering vaccines HIPPA compliance, in addition to other areas of medical care.
At its completion, you’ll be eligible to earn industry certifications, including Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA), Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and Basic Life Support (BLS). Step into a medical role—from patient representative to medical scribe and medical assistant.
- Provides hands-on learning in just weeks.
- Prepares you to get nationally-recognized certifications.
- Offers the chance to network with local employers through the college’s partnerships.
- Utilizes industry recognized technology in the classroom, benefiting all levels of learning.
- Select Accelerated Skills Training programs provide college credit upon successful completion that can be used towards an A.S. degree from Valencia College.
Have questions, or want more information?Request Information
Health care workers are in high demand in Florida and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. As the population continues to age and the need for health care services continues to grow, so will the demand for a skilled workforce.
Our health care program prepares you for a career in a high-demand field with higher wages and opportunity for advancement.
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
Average wages for entry-level positions are $12 to $14 per hour.
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Representative
- Medical Front Office Assistant
- Patient Access Specialist
- Medical Scribe
- Patient Service Coordinator