The health care industry is expected to add an estimated 2.3 million jobs through 2026 — faster growth than any other occupational group. Our Accelerated Skills Training (AST) programs offer short-term medical training programs to meet the needs of our local health care partners.
Learn what it takes to work in health care from industry experts who cover a wide range of topics. Depending on your program of study, you may learn front office administrative operations, charting, billing and coding, HIPPA compliance, or management of electronic medical records. You may also gain knowledge and experience in patient intake, medical procedures and charting, checking vitals, administering vaccines, and more.
These programs help individuals at all levels — from experienced professionals to those entering the field — find high-demand, higher wage careers. In each program, students will be offered the opportunity to earn multiple national certifications to prepare for a variety of career opportunities within the medical profession.
- Provides hands-on learning in just weeks.
- Prepares you to get nationally recognized certifications.
- Offers the chance to network with local employers through the college’s partnerships.
- Utilizes industry recognized technology in the classroom, benefiting all levels of learning.
- Select Accelerated Skills Training programs provide college credit upon successful completion that can be used towards an A.S. degree from Valencia College.
Have questions or want more information?Request Information
Health care workers are in high demand in Florida and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. As the population continues to age and the need for health care services continues to grow, so will the demand for a skilled workforce.
Our health care program prepares you for a career in a high-demand field with higher wages and opportunity for advancement.
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
Average wages for entry-level positions are $12 to $14 per hour.
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Representative
- Medical Front Office Assistant
- Patient Access Specialist
- Medical Scribe
- Patient Service Coordinator