Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Cardiovascular Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Valencia College is a two-year program that prepares you to go directly into a specialized career as a cardiovascular technologist.
As a cardiovascular technologist, you would work side-by-side with cardiologists and physicians to diagnose and treat heart disease and vascular problems. You would also serve as an integral member of the cardiac catheterization laboratory team, whose primary role is to conduct tests on pulmonary or cardiovascular systems of patients and assist with electrocardiograms, heart catheterizations and similar tests. Valencia’s program provides students with the latest training available for this challenging and rewarding career.
Cardiovascular Technology is a limited-access program. For FAQ’s, program updates, and the current program guide, visit Health Science Program Requirements.
Want more information?
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certifications
72 credits (5 semesters)
(after all of the pre-admission course requirements have been met)
Program begins each fall.
Learn How To
- Assist in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac disease and blood vessel ailments
- Assist cardiologists with cardiac catheterization and balloon angioplasty procedures
- Monitor blood pressure and heart rates of patients
- Work closely with physicians in caring for cardiac patients
Exciting career opportunities are available in diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization labs in acute care hospitals, outpatient facilities and privately-owned clinics.
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Cardiovascular Specialist
- Cardiovascular Technician
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$40,000 – $50,000
Average Placement Rate
Valencia’s A.S. Degree and Certificate programs placement rate ranges between 90% – 95%.
Visit Career Coach to explore careers, salaries, job demand and related degrees.
- Attend a Program Information Session. Please bring a copy of the program guide for your desired track with you. If you are not local and cannot attend the information session, review the program guide and read the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Apply to Valencia College.
- Complete required general education courses before applying to the program.
- Once your transcripts have been received and evaluated, and if you meet eligibility requirements, you can apply to the program.
To learn more about this program, including application requirements, attend one of our information sessions. Please bring a copy of the program guide with you. If you are unable to attend, refer to the program guide and the resources available at Health Sciences.