Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Culinary Management Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Valencia College is a two-year program that prepares you to go directly into a specialized career within the culinary industry.
Valencia’s unique program is the only degree-granting culinary program in Orlando, and is housed in a 61,000-square-foot facility that includes banquet rooms, a high-tech demonstration kitchen with 20 fully equipped workstations, and a state-of-the-art production kitchen. Valencia’s Program provides you with some of the best chefs in the industry as your teachers, and takes a well-rounded approach, with instruction ranging from sanitation to nutritional analysis, to the basic elements for great classical, international and American cuisine. Whether you are interested in learning the skills to become a great culinary chef, or you are interested in upgrading your culinary talents, Valencia’s Culinary Management program has something for you.
Have questions?Read our FAQ's
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Valencia’s certificate programs can put you on the fast-track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Career Pathways – Receive college credit for Career Pathways credits earned in high school.
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certifications.
- Technical College Programs – Receive college credit toward this program for completing an approved Orange Technical College or Osceola Technical College program.
Full-time – 2 to 3 years
Part-time – 3 to 4 years
Learn How To
- Cook, supervise cooks and kitchen personnel
- Create recipes for healthy cuisine including classical, international and American regional cuisine
- Plan menus, estimate food needs, order the proper amount of food, track costs and trend analysis
- Prepare and produce quality food with an emphasis on presentation
Students have the extraordinary advantage of beginning their culinary careers in one of the most exciting tourist destinations in the world—with some of the best restaurants, and dining establishments, theme parks and resorts in which to work. Excellent career opportunities are also available in catering and banquet services.
- Culinary Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Kitchen Supervisor/Manager
- Executive Chef
- Sous Chef
- Lead Cook
- Prep Cook
This program is designed to lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our Gainful Employment website.
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$27,000 – $32,000
The average placement rate for Valencia College’s A.S. degree and certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95% according to the latest FETPIP data.
Visit Career Coach to explore careers, salaries, job demand and related degrees.