Electronics Engineering Technology
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Electronics Engineering Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Valencia College is a two-year program that prepares you to go directly into a specialized career in electronics.
In recent years, the number of high-tech companies in Central Florida has grown exponentially, and with that growth, so has the demand for qualified electronic engineers. That’s where Valencia’s state-of-the-art Electronics Engineering Technology program comes in. Valencia’s innovative program transforms students into highly skilled technicians capable of assisting in the design, production, operation and servicing of electronics, lasers and photonics, robotics and mechatronics, and telecommunication and wireless systems.
- Laser and Photonics
- Robotics and Mechatronics
- Telecommunication and Wireless
Have questions?Read our FAQ's
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Valencia’s certificate programs can put you on the fast-track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Career Pathways – Receive college credit for Career Pathways credits earned in high school.
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certifications.
- Technical College Programs – Receive college credit toward this program for completing an approved Orange Technical College program.
Full-time – 2 to 3 years
Part-time – 3 to 4 years
Learn How To
- Build, test, modify or repair electrical and electronic equipment
- Install and repair a wide variety of optical, electro-mechanical and telecommunications equipment
- Work with experimental electronic or industrial production equipment or instruments, including photovoltaics
Central Florida offers a myriad of challenging career choices in a variety of electronic areas including: manufacturing, utilities, business and computer services, telecommunications, home electronics repair, and medical equipment repair services. Competitive pressures will force companies to improve and update manufacturing facilities and product design, resulting in more jobs for engineering technicians in the future.
- Electronics Technician
- Systems or Field Technician
- Fiber Optics Specialist
- Laser Specialist
- Electronics Tester
- Telecommunication Technician or Specialist
- Instrumentation Technician
- Automation Control Technician
This program is designed to lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit Valencia’s Gainful Employment website.
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$40,000 – $45,000
The average placement rate for Valencia’s A.S. Degree and Certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95% according to the latest FETPIP data.
Visit Career Coach to explore careers, salaries, job demand and related degrees.