Graphic and Interactive Design
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Graphic and Interactive Design Associate in Science (A.S.) degree program is a two-year program that prepares you to go directly into a specialized career in print design, advertising design, web design or interactive design.
As a graphics student, you’ll learn what it means to kern type, crop photos and “lose the widows.” From the creative process to interpersonal communication, our students receive hands-on experience and learn employable skills that prepare them to enter directly into a career. With a trusted reputation in the Orlando creative industry, we pride ourselves in educating some of the most talented designers in Central Florida. Our students have received recognition in local, regional, national and even international competitions. Their accomplishments include over 100 ADDY Awards, Florida Print Awards, the Create Awards, the ONE Show, Print Magazine and Siggraph.
- Graphic Design
- Interactive Design
Have questions?Read our FAQ's
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Valencia’s certificate programs can put you on the fast-track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Career Pathways – Receive college credit for Career Pathways credits earned in high school.
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certifications.
- Technical College Programs – Receive college credit toward this program for completing an approved Orange Technical College or Osceola Technical College program.
Full-time – 2 to 3 years
Part-time – 3 to 4 years
Learn How To
- Create graphics, develop interactive media or video games, or animate and design web pages
- Design and arrange art, drawings, photos, text and other visual resources to be used as creative products in advertisements and publications
- Use computer software programs to design work and prepare it for printing
Combining the fundamentals of good design with proficiency in new computer and multimedia technologies, talented graphic designers are in more demand than ever. Our graduates have landed jobs in design studios, advertising agencies, marketing and public relations firms, printing and publishing companies, web design firms, interactive design companies and other highly creative environments. There are also many freelance opportunities.
- Graphic Designer/Artist
- Multimedia Designer/Artist
- Interactive Media Specialist
- Web Designer
- Production Artist
This program is designed to lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit Valencia’s Gainful Employment website.
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$28,000 – $40,000
The average placement rate for Valencia’s A.S. Degree and Certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95% according to the latest FETPIP data.
Visit Career Coach to explore careers, salaries, job demand and related degrees.