Network Engineering Technology
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Network Engineering Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) degree program at Valencia College is a two-year program that prepares you to go directly into a specialized career in computer networking.
With the number of cyber attacks on the rise and confidential information becoming increasingly vulnerable, the need for networking specialists and information security analysts continues to grow. Valencia’s Networking program has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance by the National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security—one of only 30 centers in the nation—to help meet this critical need. With Valencia’s program, you will be trained to design, administer, maintain and support local and wide area network systems. Graduates will be qualified for exciting technological roles in network design and installation, infrastructure, security and maintenance, incident response, inter-network communications, network monitoring and administration, and cyber security.
- Cloud Infrastructure Security
- Cyber Forensics
- Cyber Security
Industry Certifications Available:
- A+, Network+ and Security+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and (CCNA-Security)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (HFI)
- AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE)
Have questions?Read our FAQ's
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Valencia’s certificate programs can put you on the fast-track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
Full-time – 2 to 3 years
Part-time – 3 to 4 years
Learn How To
- Deploy LAN, WAN and remote access services
- Integrate voice over IP, wireless, mobile communications, virtualization and convergence technologies into the Network Enterprise Center
- Manage data center facilities and supporting infrastructure operations
- Harden information systems and network infrastructure against security breaches
Career opportunities are available in virtually any company or business that has a computer network. One of the fastest-growing occupations in our region is for network and computer systems administrators. And, as cyber threats continue to grow, the demand for information security analysts will continue to increase as these analysts will be needed to come up with innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical information or creating havoc on computer networks.
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- Computer Support Specialist
- Network Security Specialist
- Systems Security Analyst
- Information Security Manager
This program is designed to lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit Valencia’s Gainful Employment website.
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$35,000 – $40,000
The average placement rate for Valencia’s A.S. Degree and Certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95% according to the latest FETPIP data.
Visit Career Coach to explore careers, salaries, job demand and related degrees.