Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Office Administration Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Valencia College is a two-year program that prepares you to go directly into a specialized career in office support.
In virtually every type of business, office support personnel help offices run effectively and efficiently. This program will prepare you for various office support positions by helping you develop expert skills in keyboarding, software applications, records management, business communications, office administration and management. Through Valencia’s comprehensive internship program, you will also have the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a business office setting, ensuring that you gain the skills and connections you need to succeed in today’s job market.
Have questions?Read our FAQ's
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Valencia’s certificate programs can put you on the fast-track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Career Pathways – Receive college credit for Career Pathways credits earned in high school.
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certifications.
- Technical College Programs – Receive college credit toward this program for completing an approved Orange Technical College or Osceola Technical College program.
Full-time – 2 to 3 years
Part-time – 3 to 4 years
Learn How To
- Answer phones and work as a team member to assist with administrative and clerical work as required
- Compose, key and file information for managers and other professional staff
- Transcribe and become proficient with the computer and various software programs
Skilled office professionals are in demand everywhere, and are needed for just about any type of company and business. Most work in services such as health, education, legal and business. Banks, real estate firms, insurance companies and government agencies are also important employers.
- Administrative Assistant
- Professional Assistant
- Executive Secretary
- Office Supervisor
- Office Manager
- Executive Assistant
This program is designed to lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit Valencia’s Gainful Employment website.
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$27,000 – $40,000
The average placement rate for Valencia’s A.S. Degree and Certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95% according to the latest FETPIP data.
Visit Career Coach to explore careers, salaries, job demand and related degrees.