Plant Science and Agricultural Technology
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Plant Science and Agricultural Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Valencia College is a two-year program that offers specializations in both landscape and horticulture. It takes many specialized skills and technicians to grow plants and incorporate them into attractive landscape designs. Our program provides a well-rounded approach, with an on-campus horticulture lab and greenhouse. Not to mention, Valencia College graduates have a 100 percent placement rate.
- Sustainable Agriculture
- 93% - 95% average placement rate for A.S. grads
- Lowest tuition in Central Florida
- Plenty of financial aid and scholarships
- Classes offered days, evenings, weekends, online and on compressed schedules through Flex Start
- Related short-term certificates
Have questions?Read our FAQ's
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Valencia’s certificate programs can put you on the fast-track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
- Sustainable Agriculture Specialization
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
Full-time – 2 to 3 years
Part-time – 3 to 4 years
Learn How To
- Design, construct and maintain landscapes
- Oversee landscape operations in parks and other recreational areas
- Inspect and diagnose plants for disease and overall health
- Operate or manage a greenhouse or nursery
- Propagate, grow, maintain and market plants
Central Florida is one of the major and most diversified horticulture centers in the world, offering a variety of career choices at hotels and resorts, theme parks and attractions, parks and recreational areas, golf courses, and numerous residential communities.
- Nursery Supervisor/Manager
- Landscape or Groundskeeping Manager
- Landscape Gardener/Designer/Contractor
- Supervisor/Manager of Landscaping and Horticulture Services
- Parks Supervisor
$25,000 – $35,000
Visit Career Coach to explore careers, salaries, job demand and related degrees.