Residential Property Management
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Residential Property Management* Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Valencia College is a two-year program that prepares you to go directly into a specialized career in the residential property management field.
As the tourism capital of the world, the greater Orlando area continues to see more and more apartment and multi-family rental properties springing up across the region. Along with this growth and expansion is the need for skilled and talented managers to help oversee and manage these properties. Through Valencia’s A.S. degree in Property Management, students are trained to become highly qualified managers and other on-site personnel to help manage and operate residential rental properties.
Valencia’s A.S. degree in Residential Property Management has been endorsed by the National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI), the Apartment Association of Greater Orlando (AAGO), and the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM).
These endorsements, along with strong support from established leaders in the residential property management field, gives students an opportunity to earn respected industry certifications, as well as gain valuable work experience through the program’s internship requirement.
This degree prepares students for the following:
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) Certification
- National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) Certificate
- Florida Real Estate License
Alternative Ways to Earn Credit
If you are currently employed in the industry and have one of the following credentials, you may be eligible to earn additional college credit towards this program:
- Accredited Residential Manager (ARM)
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS)
- Certified Property Manager (CPM)
- National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP)
- Florida Real Estate License
For more information, please visit Industry Certification Agreements.
The Residential Property Management A.S. Degree program was developed with strong support and input from the residential property management industry and local employers. Valencia greatly appreciates and recognizes Concord Rents for their significant support and contribution to this program.
Valencia’s A.S. degree in Residential Property Management has been endorsed by these sponsors:
Valencia’s A.S. degree in Residential Property Management has been endorsed by the
Apartment Association of Greater Orlando (AAGO), the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) and the National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI).
Have questions?Read our FAQ's
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Full-time – 2 years
Part-time – 3 years
Learn How To
- Exhibit an understanding of industry standards for marketing, demonstrating, and leasing residential property.
- Develop effective techniques for managing residential real estate assets, including scheduling resources, inspecting performance, and analyzing financial consequences.
- Prepare financial information that includes calculating debt service obligations, property operating expenses and cash flow.
- Calculate common performance metrics used in the analysis of residential property management and investing.
- Distinguish between discriminatory and non-discriminatory practices pertaining to marketing, leasing, and resident relations.
With Central Florida’s exploding population growth, there is an increasing need for skilled property managers to help manage and maintain the growing number of residential rental properties that are being built –creating excellent career opportunities in this field. In fact, according to the latest Labor Market Statistics, property managers are listed among the Top 50 Occupations Gaining the Most New Jobs and Top 100 Fastest-Growing Jobs in our region.
- General and Operations Managers
- Administrative Service Managers
- Property Managers
- Real Estate Managers
- Community Association Managers
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$30,000 – $50,000
The average placement rate for Valencia’s A.S. Degree and Certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95% according to the latest FETPIP data.
Visit Career Coach to explore careers, salaries, job demand and related degrees.