Engineering and Technology
Whether you are building houses, websites, mobile apps, laser systems or computer networks, you will need the analytical skills and technological expertise to do the job. Valencia has a wide variety of programs that will teach you to solve problems using science and technology as your tools. And with high-tech equipment, internships and advanced laboratories, getting your degree or certificate will be a hands-on adventure.
Programs & Degrees
Associate in Arts Transfer Plan
Transfer Plans are designed to prepare students to transfer to a Florida public university as a junior. The courses listed in the plans are the common prerequisites required for the degree. They are placed within the general education requirements and/or the elective credits. Specific universities may have additional requirements, so it is best check your transfer institution catalog and meet with a Valencia advisor.
Associate in Science
The A.S. degree prepares you to enter a specialized career field in about two years. It also transfers to the Bachelor of Applied Science program offered at some universities. If the program is “articulated,” it will also transfer to a B.A. or B.S. degree program at a designated university.
- Computer Information Technology
- Computer Programming and Analysis
- Construction and Civil Engineering Technology
- Drafting and Design Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Energy Management and Controls Technology
- Engineering Technology
- Graphic and Interactive Design
- Network Engineering Technology
Bachelor of Science
The B.S. degree prepares you to enter an advanced position within a specialized career field. The upper-division courses build on an associate degree and take about two years to complete.
A certificate prepares you to enter a specialized career field or upgrade your skills for job advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less. Credits earned can be applied toward a related A.S. degree program.
- Advanced Electronics Technician
- Advanced Network Administration
- Advanced Network Infrastructure
- Basic Electronics Technician
- Computer Information Data Specialist
- Computer Information Technology Analyst
- Computer Information Technology Specialist
- Computer Programming
- Computer Programming Specialist
- Cyber Security
- Digital Forensics
- Drafting – Auto CAD
- Laser and Photonics Technician
- Network Administration
- Network Infrastructure
- Network Support
- Robotics and Mechatronics Technician
Continuing Education provides non-degree, non-credit programs including industry-focused training, professional development, language courses, certifications and custom course development for organizations. Day, evening, weekend and online learning opportunities are available.